Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

i would like toknow about how many bags of cement i would need to make a 13x13ft slab

i would  like toknow about how many bags of cement i would need to make a 13x13ft slab

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-06T15:29:33+0000  by sfentry sfentry

Hi sfentry,

Thank you for your question and welcome to our community.  In addition to the square feet of your area, you will also need to have the depth.  QuiKrete has a simple formula you can use but, you will need to have a depth of coverage.  Most pads are poured to a depth of 3-4 inches depending on the load that will be placed on the pad.  If you plan on installing a regular shed on top of your pad, a 3-4 inch thick concrete base should suffice.  Here is the link to the QuiKrete  web site:  

How many bags of cement

Concrete bags from QuiKrete are premixed and will come in different sizes like #40, #60o, #80 and #90. If you are planning on using this type of pre-mixed concrete then the above formula from the website will be all you will need.  

QuiKrete Commercial grade concrete mix.jpgQuicKrete Ready to Use concrete mix.jpgQuiKrete #90 bags concrete mix.jpg

If you are planning on mixing your own concrete than there is a different formula you will need to have.  The first formula will be how much concrete sand and gravel to mix together for a stiffer batch:

1 part cement, 3 parts sand and 4 parts gravel

The next formula will give you a more workable batch:

1 part cement, 2 parts sand and 2 parts gravel will give you a batch which that will flow more easily.

QuiKret all purpose sand 50lb bag.jpgQuiKrete all purpose gravel 50 lb bag.jpgCement mixer-Portable.jpgBulk soil 1-3rd cubit yard.jpg

Check with your local Home Depot Tool Rental for concrete mixer availability.

Be sure to take a video of your project and share it with the rest of the community in our Project Library under “I Did This”.  Please let us know if you have any further questions.

This has been another of,

Posted 2013-07-09T17:48:58+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+