Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

icemaker installation kit

how do i install a icemaker kit?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-09-24T23:59:52+0000  by rickyrac8257 rickyrac8257

Hi rickyrac8257, and welcome to the community.

There are a few variations on ice maker installation kits but the two common kits people use are the copper line kit and the plastic line kit with premade connections.  Luckily refrigerators have mostly standardized around ¼” connections so you should be fine no matter which you chose.

Keep in mind depending on the setup of your home this source could be a split of the cold water line under your sink, a dedicated valve in a wall box, or come up through the floor from the basement.  Locating this source should be your first step.

Connection of the plastic line kit is simply a matter of connecting one end of the line to your water source and running the other end to the fridge and connecting it there.  Running plastic line is much more forgiving than copper as you don’t have to be a wary of hard bends and kinks. The plastic line comes in pre-determined lengths and will need multiple lines joined together for long distances.

Copper line kits require more effort to install and are favored by traditional plumbers because of the flexibility of the material and the fact that the line can be made as long or short as the job calls for.  There’s a handy project guide covering the install of a copper line kit here on the site which I’ll link to.

icemakerhowto.JPG

I hope this helps and please get back to use with any other questions or projects you may have.

Cheers,

ChrisFixit

Posted 2011-09-25T15:12:53+0000  by Chris_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+