Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

im looking for bedroom vanity lighting what should i buy??

i have a vanity in my room but the lighting is horrible. i need a good natural lighting for applying makeup. what would you suggest? ive looked into desk lamps, floor lamps, and wall mounts. im just not sure what would be best and easier to intall. any suggestions?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-21T04:28:56+0000  by strindade87 strindade87

Hey strindade87,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community!

Just as important as the light fixture you have, if not more, is the light bulb you use.

While desk lamps and makeup vanities are excellent for what you need, using a full spectrum aka daylight bulb is the best way to go.

Almost all incandescent bulbs (the ones we've been using until the recent introduction of CFL and LED bulbs), are considered soft white, which has a amber and yellow-ish tone.

Below are the 3 main colors now available in compact fluorescent lighting (CFL) and LED bulbs, so you can see them for yourself.

When you want to set the right mood in a room, light output is only half of the equation. Two bulbs with equal brightness ratings can produce very different results if they have different color temperatures.

Bulb color temperature is rated in Kelvins. CFLs on the low end of the Kelvin scale emit a warmer, yellowish light, like a conventional incandescent bulb. CFLs with higher Kelvin numbers emit a bluer light, like conventional fluorescent lights. To maintain consistent light quality, it’s generally best to use only bulbs with the same color temperature in a single room. 

With that said, making sure you have a high Kelvin/Daylight type light bulb is just as crucial for finding the right fixture for applying your makeup.

Let us know if you have any further questions,
Joseph
Posted 2014-04-12T14:54:59+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+