Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

installing vertical blinds to windows that meet in a corner

i have three windows together two in front and one on the side that meet i the corner of the house. How can I incorporate vertical blinds between the front and side windows?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-20T16:39:25+0000  by markus54 markus54

Hi markus54,

The problem you're addressing can be solved by placing blinds that meet in the corner.

Order them so they open toward the corner ... the controls in the corner and the blinds slide open into the corner.

While this leaves a small amount of window covered in the middle, it probably looks better than having a large bunch at both ends ... my opinion.

Take exact measurements of your windows, bring photos, and consult your Flooring Associate at the Store.

They will have their own recommendations as well.

ANOTHER RESOURCE:
In addition to her comments above, my good friend Eileen also wrote:

Posted 2015-07-21T16:03:45+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Hello markus54 and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

Having to install blinds into a corner requires a making a few decisions when measuring and installing.  You will need to decide which corner blind will be the bypass blind and then the other blind will be the butt.  The bypass blind is mounted into the corner while the butt blind is “butted up” to the other blind. 

Since each window will have individual controls, you will need to decide where privacy is most important.  Since there are two blinds on the front and one on the side, the front windows may require more privacy than the side window.  Installing the bypass blind on the front side of the house will also provide a more pleasing visual when seen from the street. 

Since you will be installing the blinds as an outside mount, you will need to measure the depth of the headrail and take that measurement into consideration when measuring the width of the butt blind.  The bypass blind headrail may cover part of the side window.  The butt bind will then cover the rest of the side window.

If you are ordering Special Order blinds from the local Home Depot store, you will need to provide the actual window measurements and the manufacturer will take the bypass and butt deductions for a proper fit.

Best wishes on your project and please keep us posted on your progress.

Posted 2015-07-21T16:05:24+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+