Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

is it hard to paint countertops?

i have been looking around, and i think i want to try to paint my countertops in my kitchen and bathroom.  I seen the kits and they don't look like they would be that hard?  I have never done anything like this before, does anyone have any suggestions or success/horror stories??

If you have ever painted your own countertops, what kit do you suggest I buy??

Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-21T03:15:08+0000  by mrsjohnson13 mrsjohnson13

Hello mrsjohnson13!

In a recent thread, we discussed Painting Formica Countertops.

Click the link to jump to that thread.

In addition, Savannah, a Community Member shared Faux Granite Countertops ... changing her laminate wood into faux granite.

See her "Before and After" photos by clicking the link.

Posted 2014-01-21T14:25:28+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Hello mrsjohnson13 and welcome to the Community.

Painting your counter tops is a great way to refresh your kitchens appearance.  Rust-oleum has a product made especially for that purpose, call Countertop Transformations.  This product comes in a variety of colors.  Here is a link to Rust-oleum’s web site that contains installation information and video.  It also has a testimonial gallery.

I have a link to Home Depots sight for one of Rust-oleums countertop kits and if you scroll down you can read reviews from people who have actually used it.  Most reviews rate this product highly.

4e0dbc0e-4110-4c31-94ad-c21235b09ab0_145.jpg

I am very interested in hearing about your project.  I would like to know what you decided to use and how it turned out.

Charlotte

___________________________________________________________________________________

I am a Home Depot associate trained and authorized to help people on the Internet.

Posted 2014-01-21T15:01:08+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+