Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

is there a product other than plastic I can use to stop drafty windows. Is there some kind of broad

is there a product I can use beide plastic to cover drafty windows. Is there some kind of board that can be used

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-03T00:17:24+0000  by cb1132 cb1132




There are clear caulks on the market that are intended to seasonally caulk windows shut from the inside, but which will cleanly remove in the springtime. I am not sure if they are carried in all Home Depot stores, however, they are available on the HD website. Just type in "removable caulk" in the search box.


The average home loses more heat to air infiltration than to radiant heat loss through the ceilings and walls. Older homes with wooden sash are especially prone to this type of heat loss. Temporarily caulking them shut can save a lot of heat. If they are really bad, it can stop the rattling too.


It there is terrible heat loss, you might also consider cutting inexpensive foam board to fit over the window. the thinner whiter styrofoam board would at least still allow some light through. Obviously, the view would be blocked. On wintertime job sights, I would frequently cut foamboard to size while I would have a patio door off its track or an entry door which had to be painted, but did not have a storm door on it.


Hope this has helped.

Posted 2014-01-03T01:51:06+0000  by ordjen

yes this helps where can I purchase the white board. How much does that run that is what I was looking for


this was such a big help

Posted 2014-01-03T02:30:05+0000  by cb1132

The 1/2 inch 4x8 sheet of styrofoam sheathing sells for about $13 in the insulation section at Home depot. The removalable caulking would be found in the paint department or online.

Posted 2014-01-03T05:17:26+0000  by ordjen
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question