Sign In to join the community | Help

is there a window insert for side opening crank window for installing a floor air conditioner?

We would like to install a small floor airconditioner into a room that has side opening crank windows. Is there some type of insert (that would fit in where the screen currently resides) that can be purchased?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-29T21:21:09+0000  by markconvail markconvail

Hey markconvail,


Welcome to the community and thanks for your question!


I used to live in an old apartment that had those antiquated crank windows....sorta tall windows but not so wide.


If it's an in-window unit, having this kind of window honestly won't work. You can however use a portable A/C unit and have the exhaust pipe leading out to the window.


Since the exhaust is used for standard windows (horizontal opening), you would need to build or add on materials for it to successfully have the exhaust safely escape. Depending on the unit you buy and the gap of the window will determine this.


Just remember, in window units don't have this capability and won't fit, but portable ones can with careful planning and making it work.


If you know your sizes and the unit you'd like to use, then it is possible to do this.


Let us know if you have any further questions, and good luck on cooling your room.



Posted 2013-06-29T21:55:08+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question