Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

kitchen faucet has come loose from sink

My Delta kitchen faucet has come loose from the sink.  It is probably over 15 years old. What could have caused this and is it repairable?

The sink is located in the cornor of my "L" kitchen counter and is hard to obtail access to the back of the sink due to a small door and the garbage disposal.  Are there any faucets that can be installed from the top of the sink?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-01-29T14:52:22+0000  by CLARK CLARK

Hello Clark,

Sorry to hear about the sink troubles. The faucet has likely come loose due to the mounting nut becoming loose underneath the sink. This can happen over time as the faucet is rotated side to side.

If your faucet has two handles then there are likely two nuts, one beneath both the hot and cold handle that hold the faucet to the counter top.

If the faucet is a single hole setup then there is a centralized mounting nut directly beneath the body of the faucet. These mounting nuts can be either flat or a combination nut and bracket as shown below.

In either case the best solution is to get under the sink and tighten the nuts back up. To the best of my knowledge just about every sink is going to require securing to the sink/countertop from below. Depending on just how loose the faucet has become and whether it has a deck you may be able to get some relief buy applying silicone caulking below the deck plate. This will limit the range of movement and is non-permanent.  Again however the best option is to make sure the mounting nuts on the underside of the faucet are tightened or replaced if need be. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted 2016-01-29T15:54:49+0000  by Chris_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+