Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

laying floor

Hi,
Getting ready to lay laminate flooring down, my question is where should i start i only have one full wall and at each end there are     doors across from the full wall is open area with tile to the left and right of the open area are walls one with windows another with stairs. any answers. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-07-07T18:07:20+0000  by tgy tgy

Hello tgy and welcome to the Community.

Where you start and what direction is your personal preference.  At each doorway and where it will meet the tile you will have to use transition like tee molding or reducer molding. 

Click on this link for a Pergo Laminate flooring.  It has a great installation video that you can access by clicking on the box with the arrow, that is located below the photo of the product.

The arrow box for video looks like this.

Left click on the photo of the product you are interested in at Home Depot.com.  Then detailed installation instructions and product specifications can be found by clicking on the orange arrow beside the word “specification” which is below the product’s photo of on Home Depot.com.  You will find an installations instructions and user guide in a box to the right.  Read this over carefully to see if this is right for you.

If you need addition assistance after watching this video, please let us know.’

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2016-07-07T20:04:48+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Hi, 
I guess i did't ask the right question, can i start laying the floor from one door to the other door than work my way toward the open area and end up at the tile. then using the tee molding to finish.  
Posted 2016-07-08T14:46:36+0000  by tgy

Hey again tgy,

I answered the same question and another post you authored, but you didn't specify what type of flooring it was.

In this question, you asked about laminate flooring. In the installation video that  Char_HD_CHI provided, it does mention where to start.

In your instance, its best practice to install the planks along the longest wall, and/or going towards the window. It makes the room look better and gives a professional installation to your laminate flooring.

Almost always, you install the planks row by row until you complete the room. If this means working towards the open area, then do so row by row. Always refer to the manufacturer of your flooring to ensure everything goes smoothly and per the warranty.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2016-07-08T15:46:20+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+