Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

liner for oblong fire pit?

Home Depot folks, this is Lynn, a blogger for the Home Depot Garden Club. One of our readers has a question about a fire pit liner that I hope you can answer; please see her question, pasted below. I'll give her this link and ask her to check back from time to time for a reply. Many thanks! ~ Lynn

Dorothy K. writes: "I would like to build a oblong fire pit, can you buy a liner for such. I want oblong over round, as I think it would different from others and easier to handle longer logs. any advice?" 

Thank you

Dorothy K

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-02-01T12:13:37+0000  by LynnGardenClub LynnGardenClub

Hi Dorothy,

The fire pit that CoachDave builds can be made in any shape that you desire. The stones are straight and have an angled side to allow you to curve the wall, but you can certainly make straight walls, thus lengthening the pit for an oval shape.

http://ext.homedepot.com/community/blog/home-depot-garden-club/projects/how-to-build-an-above-ground-fire-pit/

You can create a unique fire pit by utilizing any of the wall stones available from The Home Depot.

Placing lava rock or gravel in the formed pit will help keep things neat and tidy, but a formed liner is not necessary. Water needs to escape from the pit, and air flow helps the fire burn more evenly.

LawnRanger

Posted 2013-02-01T13:29:32+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+