Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

matching paint color

I need to touch up paint in my daughters room - forgot the name of color. How do I find out color name?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-04-29T15:16:36+0000  by scorpio27 scorpio27

Hi scorpio27,

Thanks for stopping by the community, welcome!

I have found that there are several ways to get the exact color to touch up in your daughter's room, but first let me ask you a few questions.

• Do you still have any old cans of paint in storage laying about somewhere? Even if the can is old or can't be read, it may still leave the paint department guys some clues as to what it is. Typically the information on how it was mixed is located on top of the can
  • If you don't, would you be able to get a sample off the wall so your local paint center can match up the color? A 1 inch square is good enough for most paint custom color scans to read accurately and give you the exact match. Slightly larger is always better, but you don't have to tear the wall down to give us a good sample :smileyhappy:
  • Do you remember what finish the paint was in? If the walls were painted satin, a flat finish would be noticable for where you touched up, and vice versa

Let us know if we can assist you further, but remember, with today's technology, most home centers can now give you the perfect touch up paint to match so you won't have to redo the walls.

Hope this helps,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2011-04-29T16:09:58+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+