Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

measure for vertical blinds and shutters

I'm new to all of this but I desparetly need help to figure out how to measure for vertical blinds and/or window shutters.

the ones I have are 20yrs old and need to be updated can someone please help?

thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-04-22T15:26:14+0000  by mom3 mom3

Hey there mom3,

Welcome to the community!

Great question! There are going to be different ways to measure for these blinds, so let's take a look.

I've have posted up a couple other topics in my blog that you may be interested in: Quick Measuring Tips for Blinds & Are You Inside or Outside?

Feel free to check those topics out for more information. We'll post up some basics here though so you can get the gist of it.

blindmount.PNG

The above will give you a visual aide for Inside Mount, Outside Mount, and Patio Mount respectively.

This will give you the measurement that you will want to give to one of our associates, so that we can get you a new set. Just be sure to let them know that you've taken the [Full Blind Measurement] and not just one for replacement louvers, as we can do that as well for people.

The shutters that we do are actually ordered a bit differently. They go by Sq. Footage as opposed to just length and width. You will want to measure the same as if you were doing the verticals above, but to save yourself a bit of time and math, you can change it into sq. footage quickly.

Length x Width / 144 = Sq. Footage

Hope this helps!~ Let me know if you need any more help with the measuring process or picking out some replacements.

Posted 2011-04-22T17:27:25+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+