Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

midili installation problem

hello I have a hampton bay midili 44" fan I am installing. followed instructions to the letter. I hooked up the remote reciever and now trying to out the canopy up but there is no way it will go up to the ceiling with the remote reciever in it. there is no room,reciver is to big or something. I have tried everything possible to make it work but it will not go up and around the reciver to hook the canopy to the bracket...please help....Ron

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-21T17:56:01+0000  by rgs858 rgs858

Hey rgs858.

There is no doubt that it is a tight squeeze in that canopy with that receiver. I have installed 5 of these remotes and it has been a learning experience each time. There is no room in the fan bracket for wires or wire nuts therefore what you have to do is make sure that the beveled side of the receiver is pointed down to fit the curve of the canopy. Then get all the wires organized to where once you get the wire nuts on them that you can tuck the wires and wire nuts in the box above the fan brace.

I found that if all the wires are on the side of the fan brace that the receiver antenna is facing then you can then push the receiver half way out long enough to tuck the wires and wire nuts up in the box. Push the receiver back in and then it should fit.

After you strike out a couple times it gets you closer each time. I have been in your shoes, 3 times the charm.

You can do it.

Posted 2011-07-21T19:00:29+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

I just bought this same fan.  while at the store i saw the same fan only $7 more.  now i am wondering if i had bought the more expensive fan if the remote box is smaller or what.  Serisouly considering returning the fan to see if the other is better

Posted 2012-03-18T17:29:25+0000  by dbailey
Pull the wires through the side of the mounting plate instead of through the middle and then slide the receiver through the square in the mounting plate.
Posted 2013-03-10T22:33:58+0000  by Jayrich7

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+