Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

mobile home wall repair

My mobile home wall has moisture in it. The wall is made from something that looks like luan, and has insulation behind it obviously. I was wondering of any hints or tips on removing and installing my new wall? As far as material or order of doing things. Would apprciate ANY help. thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-09-07T16:07:19+0000  by grizzlyman grizzlyman

First measure to see how much paneling you will need and then make sure that this quantity is available at the store. You don't want to come up short and have to wait for another shipment that may not match if it was not made in the same batch. Don't forget to get the paneling nails. Now with all that said, once you take down the old paneling and have made sure that no nails or other obstructions are in the way for the reinstall. I would be sure to determine why you have a moisture problem before installing anything. You will also need to check for any mold and possible rotten studs from the moisture.This would also be a good time to upgrade the insulation R value If you have carpeted floor then you won't need any shoe mold. You will however want to consider crown mold, this could be anything from quarter round to some fancy stuff.  Mobile Home Repair

Posted 2011-09-09T02:10:34+0000  by DIY Mobile Home Repair

Just to add to what Morgan has said, you will also what to check for mold. Mold needs moisture to grow and the moisture behind the paneling is a prime real estate. You can use products like Mold Control, found in the paint department, to kill it and keep it from returning.

And to reiterate what Morgan said, fix the cause of the moisture before you start anything on the inside. Otherwise you're just wasting your time and money putting a bandaid on the problem.

Posted 2011-09-13T20:25:38+0000  by Paul

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+