Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

moldy wood

I am moving soon and so took the mattress off the bed and found the wooden sideboards peppered with hundreds of tiny mold spots.  Is there a product to clean them off, or something  else I can do to not only clean the mold but also prevent it from coming back?   Thanks for the help!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-22T01:30:40+0000  by quiltease quiltease

Hello Quiltease!

Thank you for your question! I'm sorry to hear you have a mold problem, but not to worry, there is a product that you can use to both kill and prevent the mold from coming back.

Concrobium Mold Control is a wonderful product that will kill the mold living on your wood and prevent it from coming back again.  This ready to use product is VOC free and bleach free making it completely safe to use inside your home. You will just spray the area with this product and let it dry on the surface. If you have mold stains and residue on the surface, scrub those areas with a Concrobium dampened cloth or brush. Then, reapply to prevent any future mold.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2013-07-22T12:31:40+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Thank you so much Christine, I'll get some today!!!

bev.

Posted 2013-07-22T15:21:34+0000  by quiltease
Hi guiltease,

On small surfaces, the spray bottle and a sponge or terry towel are certainly enough.

However, should you find mold in a basement or other large area, the Concrobium Fogger will work wonders to disperse the product.

After you clean, take time to mist a light coat until the surface appears wet.

Then without any additional wiping, simply allow the product to dry.

This is the step that lays down a barrier to prevent mold from germinating.

I've used the product in a garage where steam from the ruptured water heater created a generous growth of mold.

It worked wonders and the mold hasn't returned.

Pat InPaint
Posted 2015-11-13T00:18:55+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+