Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

need advice on replacing a shower stall in a mobile home

I am needing some advice on how to replace a shower stall in a mobile home. We already have a new stall, just need the know how to do it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Our current shower floor is cracked really bad. We tried repairing it with fiberglass, it worked temporarily, but it eventually gave way and came up, not to mention the fact it looked horrible., Help! 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-10-31T19:20:30+0000  by dheath dheath

Hey dheath,

welcome to our community. My name is George and  I would advise you to take a few additional steps before you start on your shower stall installation. First accurately measure  you existing shower stall walls and base to ensure that new shower stall  is going to fit in that same opening. Secondly you mentioned that your existing shower stall floor is cracked really badly. Having said that I would also make sure there is no serious water damage on your subfloor or bottom plates. Because If there is some, (and I hope not) you need to be aware that it could be some plumbing and framing work involved that require a professional. Finally , as far as shower stall installation goes these is an awesome and simple six step how to Project Guide on our website that you can refer to. And also if you have any additional questions please let me know. Hope that helps and good luck with your project.

Posted 2010-11-01T15:15:31+0000  by George_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+