Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

painting plaster

what type of paint do I need to paint plaster.  I was told not to use paint with limestone.  Is this correct.

ph

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-06-29T09:47:26+0000  by ph44 ph44

Hi ph44,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

I've worked in the paint department at my Home Depot store for a number of years and I've never heard of paint that has limestone in it. I've seen a lot of cheap paints out on the market that have a clay base to them, which can lead to a short life over time. With anything you buy in life, the higher ends of your options tend to be more expensive up front, but can give you better results and a better life over time. 

Paint is no exception.

The high quality paints we sell in our stores by Behr and Glidden are only going to be as good as what is under them. This means making sure your existing plaster is clean, free or debris, and is level. Priming at this stage is important to ensure the final top coat will be as good as the warranty states on the can. To break it down even further, most high quality paints will contain a great chemical makeup in their binders and pigments to effectively coat the plaster evenly and effectively.

With that said, come into your local Home Depot paint center and we can get you the best primer and paint for coating your plaster. 

Hope this helps you out,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-06-30T21:14:11+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+