Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

patching counter tops

before putting a treatment on laminate counters to refinish it says to patch cracks with a sandible,, paintable two part putty.  What would you recommend. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-03T13:35:21+0000  by keypoo keypoo

Hello keypoo and welcome to the Community.

I would recommend Bondo 32 fl. oz. Lightweight Body Filler

Internet # 202077782

Bondo Lightweight Body Filler quickly and easily fills in dents, scrapes, chips, cracks and rust holes. Non-shrinking and permanently durable 2-part filler offers reliable repairs for a wide variety of automotive, home and hobby projects. Spreads easily, cures in just 20 minutes so that it can be sanded and painted for same day project completion. Filler is compatible with all paint systems to create seamless patches that blend in with the surrounding surface.

To view a video of how to install this product, click on the smaller boxes with an arrow, located under the photo of this product, on the Home

Thank you for your inquiry.


Posted 2016-05-03T15:00:07+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Hey keypoo.

Another option would be to use a 2 part wood putty like this one:

Minwax Wood Filler


Posted 2016-05-06T18:29:31+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question