Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

patio table replacement

I have a square patio table that was broken in a storm and I want to replace the glass with something else. I was thinking of a tile mosaic. How would I do this and what would I use? Any help is grealty appreciated.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-03-16T19:51:51+0000  by tenthumbs tenthumbs

Hello TrappedSouthern!

Self-leveling compound is commonly used to fill valleys in floors before flooring is installed.

This type product is sold both in your Flooring Department and in Building Materials near the masonry products.

If this quick fix does not appeal, have a look at our new line of patio furniture.

I replace mine every several years for a fresh, clean look.

Posted 2013-04-16T17:37:44+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

I have a round (48inch) patio table with a tile top.  The tile is cracking and I would like to replace the top.  I'm thinking I would like to use wood so I can paint it.  Any suggestions?

Posted 2013-09-08T17:59:49+0000  by diy_sahm

Outstanding Renovation diy_sahm!

Wood comes in numerous grades ... some more weather resistant and other much less.

Removing the tile should be relatively simple.

Measuring and cutting the wood should also be a standard practice.

Once fitted in place, you'll need to secure with either brass wood screws (which will not rust) and/or construction adhesive.

Be careful when applying adhesive to prevent build-up on the surface to be painted.

Glueing to the table frame would be your best bet.

Prime the entire project with Rust-Oleum Clean Metal Primer ... this oil-based primer it is suitable for both wood and metal.

And then use an exterior oil-based paint in your color of choice to finish the job.

Oils self-level if left to dry for six-hours or more.

So, take your time between coats and expect to apply at least two top coats.

Lightly sand with 220-grit sandpaper between coats and remove dust with a dry terry towel.

You should get many years of service out of this renovation.

NOTE:

Don't forget to seal any exposed areas on the bottom of the table to prevent the wood from absorbing moisture.

Posted 2013-09-10T12:46:02+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+