Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

pergo panels

I have one panel that I need to stain on my pergo flooring, since a steam machine was left on an area, and it took off the top layer of the one panel.  Is there any stain that can be recommended to bring back the top layer?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-02T00:09:53+0000  by elementary elementary

Hi elementary,

The only real solution is to replace the damaged section with a new piece of flooring. The damaged section can be cut out and replaced.

If you want to try to repair the damaged floor try using a product called Rejuvenate.

Rejuvenate is flooring restoration product, that does an excellent job of repairing damaged flooring.

It’s available at your local Home Depot.

I have included a link below.

Mike,

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rejuvenate-32-oz-Floor-Restorer-and-Protectant-RJ32F/100281542#.UdIft9h8BI0

Posted 2013-07-02T00:42:29+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Laminate flooring is a "picture" of wood placed over a substrate of high density fiberboard (HDF).  That's topped with a wear layer.  There no way "stain" HDF and have it look anything like wood as HDF looks pretty much like a cardboard.  Not to mention there's no way to duplicate the wear layer.

The only real option is to replace the board.  If you don't want to take the floor apart to get to the damaged piece then you'll need a bring in a professional with the right tools to remove the old panel and replace it with a new one.

Posted 2013-07-02T02:01:24+0000  by Adam444

How do you cut out the area, since I have alot of panels left to use?

Posted 2013-07-02T08:56:37+0000  by elementary

Due to the expensive, specialized equipment you'll need it's probably not a DIY project.  You'll need a track saw like one from Festool, a router that will also ride on the same track, special router bit, and some splines from Pergo.  The equipment alone will run upwards of $1,000.

Posted 2013-07-02T09:33:48+0000  by Adam444

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+