Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

pipe insulation

My newly remodeled home has all poly plumbing and fittings but I crawled under the house yesterday and found none of the lines o be insulated. I am unfamiliar with this type of pipe and system. is it adviseable to insulate the pipes. The crawl space is not heated? Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-12-31T16:05:54+0000  by jesusislord jesusislord

Hey jesusislord.

I live in Atlanta, and have dealt with a similar problem. In Atlanta, we get temperatures in the 20's for a short period of time and often it has people coming into the store to fix busted PVC pipes under the house. I have dealt with this problem with one of my rental houses. Although my pipes did not burst they were certainly on track to because my crawl space was poorly insulated. There were 2 single pane windows making the crawl space cold and drafty and the crawl space door gapped and uninsulated.

I installed 2 double pane windows, and installed a tight fitting craw door with the Owens Corning foam board insulation on the back. A well insulated crawl space will save you a lot of money on your power bill keeping your house more energy efficient. It is definitely advisable to use the pipe insulation around the pipes, especially if you live north of Atlanta Georgia. Spend some time and a little money making that crawl space warmer and you will be rewarded on your power bill. Check the size of the pipes, 3/4 or 1/2 inch and try to figure out how many linear feet you have and come in and let us get you what you need.

Thank you for your question and have a happy new year.

Posted 2011-01-02T14:35:10+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+