Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

plexi glass shower walls

I saw on the DIY network, they used plexiglass for shower walls (dry wall on the other side) how exactly would i install this? it looked pretty cool. I know sylicone is involved in sealing the edges and all, but how would i attach the plexiglass to the drywall without unsightly glue markings?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-07-14T23:26:34+0000  by DanielleB DanielleB

If the Plexi glass is thick enough - you could treat it like a mirror that hangs on the wall and use mounted mirror clips. Silicone at all the joints and you should be fine.

clips.jpg              clips 2.jpg

Hope this helps. paiintpro.JPG

Posted 2012-07-15T14:23:36+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

I also saw this on the show. I just wanted to be sure there are no issues with applying the plexiglass directly to the sheetrock.

As far as the backside, they painted it to give color and to hide the liquid nail and other adhesives, as the painted side goes against the wall. 

Please verfiy that the plexiglass should be fine directly against the sheetrock for use as shower walls. 

Thanks.

Posted 2012-10-27T04:12:06+0000  by mwill219

Hi, I see that you posted this last year. Did it work? i am thinking about using plexiglass for my enclosed shower too and had similar doubts in termes of long term durability. 

will you please let e me know?

thanks!

Posted 2013-11-24T15:34:17+0000  by fedepfel

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+