Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

pressboard kitchen cabinets - help!

What can I do to make my ugly white veneer pressboard kitchen cabinets look better? Not looking to put alot of money in them because we have several projects going on at the same time! Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-08T20:43:02+0000  by hwsexton89 hwsexton89

Hello hwsexton89 and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here. 

You sound busy with your DIY projects!  I think your “ugly white veneer pressboard” cabinets are either a laminate or melamine surface. Either way, you may want to check out the RUST-OLEUM Cabinet Transformations Kit Cabinet Wood Refinishing System.

cabinet transformations.jpg

I spoke to RUST-OLEUM to confirm how to properly prepare your surface.  If the surface is a laminate, use the deglosser (included in the kit) to knock the sheen off of your cabinets. If the surface is a melamine, consider priming with Zinsser 1-2-3 or BIN shellac-based primer (the primer would be purchased separately).  Then proceed by following the instructions in the kit.  One kit covers up to approximately 100 square feet. 

This is a project that can be completed in a weekend.  Consider changing out your existing hardware to update the look of your kitchen.

Best wishes on your project.  Please send us photos of your finished kitchen - we want to see your transformation!

Eileen HD ATL.jpg

Posted 2013-04-09T18:23:47+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+