Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

problem installing remote unit in ceiling fan model 903-913.

Ceiling fan model 903-913. When the included remote unit  is intalled into the ceiling mount, there is not enough clearance between the remote recieiver and Downrod ball and Assembly to pass the fan motor wires thru the downrod. I have ensured  the supply wires are well tucked into the gangbox and are not inbetween the remote and ceiling mount. After the downrod with ball is installed the remote receiver slides into the appropriate location but only leaves .104" to pass the wires thru. I have called 3 different "help" numbers included with the installation paperwork only to be told I need to add wire to motor assembly which would be covered up by the Canopy.

Ceiling bracket opening = 1.503

With Downrod installed leaves a net opening of = .913

Remote thickness = ~.809

this leaves a clearance 0f ~.104 between remote and ceiling bracket

Wire thinckenss = ~.10

Taking all into account leaves only ~ .04 of clearance not enough.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-26T20:54:25+0000  by Robo65 Robo65

Hey Robo65,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

While you can add additional wires on your Hampton Bay 44" Midili fan, the culprit may actually be not having enough outright clearance in the current junction box that is supporting the fan.

While I realize this will be extra work, installing a deeper junction box should give you the clearance needed for your receiver and wires to fit snugly into the box.

Once this is done, you should have a fully functional fan with remote. 

Just let me know if you have any additional questions,
Joseph
Posted 2014-04-16T12:04:20+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+