Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

refinish interior woodwork

What is the best recommendation for refinishing interior woodwork. I'm remodeling an older home with stained and varnished woodwork. The woodwork is very dated mahogany colored wood trim throughout. I'l like to paint it all white. I'm thinking about using a deglosser-liquid sanding product to take off the surface and throught I should paint with a white oil-based paint (Rustoleum) product. My concern is that the white may not cover. Do I really need to use a primer such as Kilz first or is there a better way to accomplish an updating of the woodwork.

The previous owner had several cats that have used the window sills as scratching posts and severly scratched them. Since I'm painting all the wood can I use any wood filler to repair the sills.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-21T02:37:08+0000  by tjwrunner tjwrunner

Lightly Sand the old wood, caulk all the joints, and where the wood meets the wall. Instead of priming and/or using oil based paint - use the BEHR ULTRA paint and primer.  Two coats will be necessary for coverage when going from dark wood to a white color...

BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 1-Gal. Pure White Semi-Gloss Interior

You are going to love the transformation!:smileyvery-happy:

Posted 2013-04-21T15:47:19+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+