Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

removing sleeve from stem casters

Hi, I recently bought Everbilt stem swivel casters from Home Depot. I am trying to install them, but they came with the metal sleeves attached to the stems, and I can't figure out how to remove the sleeves in order to insert them into the drilled holes. Am I missing something? Should I pry the sleeves off then try to re-shape them before inserting them, or is there another way to do this?

Or, am I misunderstanding everything, and should I just try to hammer the sleeve in while it's still attached to the stem?

Thanks!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-11-13T19:14:52+0000  by stuffmaker stuffmaker

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, could you post a picture of your casters or give us the item number/SKU so we can see the caster?
Posted 2015-11-15T11:55:54+0000  by Adam444

Hi Stuffmaker, welcome to the community. You should be able to remove the sleeves by using a flat tipped screwdriver. You will want to insert the tip of the screwdriver between the top of the caster and underneath the sleeve bottom. Now turn the screwdriver like you are tightening a screw. This should loosen the sleeve from the stem of the caster.

You do not want to hammer the entire caster & sleeve as one piece. You need to be able to insert the sleeve and then insert the caster stem into the sleeve to get a proper fit. 

Posted 2015-11-16T18:48:09+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+