Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

repair my wood be frame....help

I am not sure if you guys can help, however my cherry wood bed frame is broken and I was wondering if you can direct me to a good carpenter or ways to fix it myself...please...

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-15T01:44:04+0000  by njchickalways njchickalways

I'd suggest finding a local cabinet shop.  They have the skills to repair your frame and probably won't charge much.  Otherwise, talk to your friends and family to see if they know any carpenters.  Using a Handyman is iffy.

Posted 2011-10-15T04:09:21+0000  by Chuckintools

Hi njchickalways,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

The cherry wood bed frame I had when I was a kid constantly got hits, splits and breakage from me growing up rough-housing and just by being a kid. My Dad always had a way of repairing it to look like new, and it can be a do-it-yourself project with the right know-how.

First off though, where exactly is the break in the frame? Or if you can describe the broken part or even upload a photo to make sure we can go step-by-step in how and what it will take to repair your frame. Corner areas can be a bit different from the middle sections in terms of repair, but fixing a bed frame is most definitely a one-day project that can be done by yourself.

Please update us on your situation,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2011-10-15T14:56:25+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+