Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

replace Moen faucet

HELP! I got the nuts loose but I can't get the old faucet plate off. It is a single handle faucet and the center doesn't want to come loose. I looked for a set screw thinking I might have to take it apart but no luck,

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-06-19T17:41:27+0000  by rocketfan56 rocketfan56

Hi rocketfan56 lets see if we can't get you fixed up.

If this is a single handle kitchen faucet make sure that now that you have the nut removed that the mounting plate and/or water lines are not preventing you from pulling the faucet free. If the faucet has been in place for a long time the mounting plate can sometimes seize and will have to be worked looses in order to get the faucet out.

If it's a bathroom faucet I'd check to make sure the drain assembly is fully disconnected.

In both cases however if something other than plumbers putty was used as a water barrier then the faucet may be stuck to the sink top and require a bit of extra "persuasion" to come free.

Whichever the case post a picture of the faucet from under the cabinet and on the sink so we have a better understanding of what may be necessary to get the faucet removed for you.

Cheers,

ChrisFixit

Posted 2011-06-19T18:37:24+0000  by Chris_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+