Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

replace top glass

I have a mobile home with single hung Philip's windows aprox 15 years old how do I replace the fixed top glass thermos pane
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-12-16T21:29:58+0000  by ttjs ttjs
When you say "thermo pane" do you mean that there are two pieces of glass sandwiched together with a small air space between them?  If so, those have to be ordered from a glass supplier.  You'll need to know the measurement of the glass.  If it's just ordinary, single pane glass, that can be cut to size.  You can buy a piece of glass from Home Depot and have the store cut it to size for you.
Posted 2016-12-16T23:05:20+0000  by Adam444
I would recommend calling your local Home Depot to see if they cut glass. It is my understanding that all stores stopped cutting glass. This includes my store in Atlanta Georgia. We do sell glass cutting tools in the store though.
Posted 2016-12-18T16:25:19+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL
Hello ttjs,

In most cases, when you have damage glass in a Thermopane window the manufacturer will usually replace the entire sash.  I am not sure if Phillips Windows are still available.  If you can locate a dealer be prepared with the model and serial number or any identifying marks have those ready.  Another way to be prepared is to measure the exposed glass size and overall sash size.
Many window manufactures have gone out of business.  If that is the case for Phillips you may have to replace the entire window.  Home Depot can help by offering a wide variety of replacement windows.  Come in to your Local store with the measurement of your rough opening to get started.

We at Home Depot appreciate  your business and thank you for your inquiry.

Posted 2016-12-20T19:50:25+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question