Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

replacement remote for ceiling fan/light

I lost my remote for a fan that was purchased from Home Depot 3 years ago. A picture of the fan is attached. Is there anyway to purchase a new remote?

IMG958450.jpg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-10-16T18:49:26+0000  by beilstwh beilstwh

Hey beilstwh.

Replacing yourremote can be easy. Basically, you have 2 parts, the remote and the receiver,which sits in the canopy housing at the ceiling. Both remote and receiver have matching dip switches on them. The receivers switches are where the arrows are on the picture and behind the battery in the remote.

The switches which have numbers, simply have to match each other in order to communicate to each other. If this is the only remote fan in the house then you might get lucky and not have to drop the canopy cover to see the number on the receiver, as it may be set to the default setting that is on the remote. Otherwise you will need to drop the canopy, which is usually held on by 2 screws and gently slide the receiver out enough to read the numbers.

You wont even need to unwire anything usually but I might recommend doing this in the middle of the day when the sun is out in order to kill the circuit breaker so I don't get shocked. Once the 2 numbers match, the fan will be working again. Hit me back here on the community and let me know how it went.

fan remote arrow.jpg

Posted 2012-10-18T19:36:53+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+