Sign In to join the community | Help

replacing a sink spray hose

The spray hose for my kitchen sink is leaking and needs to be replaced. I have the replacement hose, but I am having a difficult time removing the previous hose. Between the cramped space underneath the sink and the old screw and threads, I can't seem to get the hose to budge. I've used adjustable pliers, I've tried a wrench (although space was an issue), and I've spread the connection with WD-40 in hopes of loosening the connection a bit, but nothing has worked. What should I do?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-07T16:22:10+0000  by maudevard maudevard

I think what you need is a 'BrassCraft 12 in. Steel Basin Wrench Model T151' (Home Depot: Internet #100006605...Store: SKU #639341...approx. $11.33...see website:

The tool allows for loosening/tightening in tight spaces. One reviewer of this tool stated: I was changing the sprayer part of kitchen faucet and needed to remove the main nut under the sink holding holding the faucet in place. The faucet had been there for several years and had adhered itself to the bolt. I tried every tool i had and could not break the nut after several attempts. I went to Home Depot and purchased the basin wrench and was able to break the nut on the first try. It was definitely worth the purchase.

Posted 2013-04-07T23:19:04+0000  by JohnHVietnamVet
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question