Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

replacing cranks on casement windows

I have casement windows.  The windows are in very good condition but several of the cranks to open the windows are stripped so the crank just turns but nothing happens.  I am not the original owner and there is no manufacturer name or model number on any of the windows or cranks.  How do I find replacement parts?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-28T14:19:47+0000  by mwhelley mwhelley

Each window manufacturer will use specific hardware concerning the crank and casement controls.  To identify the brand of widows you have - look on the back side of the window when it is completely opened up.  There should be a sticker there with all the information needed.


We carry several types online and will most likely have what you need.  If not, then contact the specific manufacturer for a replacement.


Prime-Line 9-1/2 in. Single-Arm Left-Hand Casement Operator

Installation is fairly simple - in that you will just remove the faulty unit with a couple of screws and replace with the new unit.  Most will have the instructions in the packaging.

Posted 2013-04-28T18:16:58+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question