Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

securing fence to prevent neighbor's dogs entering

We recently moved into a residential suburb with property backing to a golf course.  There are coyotes on the course but there is a six foot fence along the course property line.  The neighbor next door has pitt bulls (told were aggressive) and I have three small dogs.  That is of more concern than the coyotes.  We won't leave them unattended but worried even if we are in the yard with them.
There is a chain link fence (belonging to neighbor) but I am concerned that his dogs may get under the fence.   I read Greengiant's post regarding an electrical wire but there are many young children, including the neighbors.  Is there anything I can do on my side of the fence  at the fence line which can keep them from gettng underneath?  There is over 200 feet of fencing.  Any thoughts about 12 inch ground stakes placed every 8 inches or so??  
I would imagine the dogs are strong enough that they could push through the stakes if they were to dig under the fence??
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Patti
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-05-17T04:14:20+0000  by suburban1 suburban1

Hello suburban1 and welcome to the Community.

Any solution I have come across would involve adding on to or altering your neighbor’s fence.  My first suggestion is to have a dialog with your neighbors and inquires as to if they would be open to allowing you to add a digging deterrent at your expense.  If that is not feasible, your alternative is to install your own fence with a digging deterrent.  You may be happier with privacy fence at this point.

Thank you for your inquiry. 

Charlotte

Posted 2017-05-18T14:23:15+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+