Sign In to join the community | Help
Storage & Organization

shelf around toilet

first off I know there's a name for this piece of furniture I just forget what it is. It sits on the floor by a set of legs on either side of the toilet and has shelving that comes up and over the tank of the toilet.

basically I'm looking for a design, does anyone have any plans I can get? Nothing horribly complicated but I do know my way around a saw and drill all the same

thanks guys :-)
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-08-16T01:42:56+0000  by RyobiTileGuy RyobiTileGuy

Hello RyobiTileGuy and welcome to The Community.  You have a great name!

I think you are looking for a Space Saver, also known as bathroom shelf storage unit or over-the-toilet wall cabinet:

spacesaver.jpg   Hampton Bay Spacesaver with Wood Doors

Most of these purchased units will require some assembly. 

Since you want to build your own, start with this plan for a simple bookcase that is converted for duty over the toilet.  There also instructions for more advanced bath storage units and wall cabinets available online. 

Make sure that the unit is secured to the wall and there is clearance to remove the toilet lid if necessary. 

Please send us a photo of your project so we can admire your hard work!

DW6.PNG

Posted 2012-08-16T15:18:41+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
thank you very much for the help! I probly won't get started for a few days but I'll b sure to post pics
Posted 2012-08-16T22:04:52+0000  by RyobiTileGuy

Hello again RyobiTileGuy and glad to be of assistance. 

I noticed that some of the links had "action photos" so you may also want to showcase your DIY skills as you build.  Remember to properly finish your piece since the bathroom has high humidity and frequent visitors. 

Don't forget to take BEFORE and AFTER pictures - you and your friends will be impressed with your piece de resistance!

Happy constructing from

DW6.PNG

Posted 2012-08-17T12:57:29+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+