Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

shower door frame

I plan on removing the sliding glass shower doors in my house to make it easier to bathe my son.  But I would like to leave up the frame so that when my kids are older I could possibly put the doors back up.  Is there any type of plastic/metal/foam covering that could be put on the bottom piece of the track so that it does not hurt to lean your forearms on when giving a kid a bath?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-06-11T18:15:09+0000  by CookieMom CookieMom

Hi CookieMom, I’m Ken and welcome to the community. We’re glad you joined.

You have a very interesting question, as you want to keep the frame up and just remove the doors.

I have given this a lot of thought, as to how to protect your forearms from the metal track, without making your shower that unattractive. That’s the hard part. By the way I like your handle.

Here are some suggestions as to how to cover the track, using something that can get wet and is comfortable.

The first is using rubber self-seal pipe wrapping. This has a slit down the entire side so you can open it and place over the track, or use vinyl tubing and cut a slit down the length of it.

You can also use a EPDM cellular rubber for auto and marine weather strip to place on the track and then use a mat or towel placed over the edge.

Next you could use a rubber garage door bottom seal, and attach using silicone, or other adhesive.

My last thought was to use a spa mat, as this can get wet, covers the area you need and is comfortable on your forearms. You then can place on the floor for use while drying off your child.

I know there are other things that might work, so if anyone has some suggestions, please chime in and share your knowledge.

Posted 2012-06-11T21:12:05+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+