Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

shower question-touch up

I have a question can you touch up a shower.  I know you can if it is porcerlain.  I don't know what type I have.  It looks like the ones at the home depot store.  If it is not porcelain, do you have something to touch it up.  It appears when it was original put in when I first moved in my condo but never noticed it before until.  I thought it was a build up of soft scrub and tried to scrape it off and could not.  Any advice you can give me, would be greatly appreciated.  You have to look really close to see but far away you will not noticed it.

Update on my sink.  Thanks Home Depot!!!  I took your advise and had a plumber come in and replace the sink and the new sink looks wonderful.  It is china and not porcelain per the plumber recommendations.

I even did  touch of caulk around my vanity and my other bathrroom around the toilet and it look nice.  I am real handy using caulk.

Love Home Depot!!!!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-03-30T10:39:30+0000  by jax016 jax016

Welcome back Jax016,

Thank you for your positive feedback! It sounds like you have jumped right in with your DIY projects; it’s fun, isn’t it?

My name is Christine, and I'll be helping you out today. As a Home Depot paint associate, I get this question all the time. :smileyhappy:

There are two products that you can use for your shower. Both of them work on fiberglass and porcelain. I would guess that your shower is fiberglass.

Rust-Oleum’s Tub and Tile Refinishing Kit will work well  for you. It is applied using a brush or a roller. This product is only sold through homedepot.com. Here is what it looks like:

tubandtilerustoleum.jpg

The Magic American Tub and Tile Refinishing Kit will also work for you. This product comes in an aerosol can, and is sprayed on to the surface. Check with your local store for availability. Here’s a picture:

renew.jpg

Both of these products come with everything that you will need to refinish your shower, and make it look like new. They will cover up that pesky stain and leave a high gloss finish.

Keep up the good work, and let us know if we can help with anything else,

Christine  :smileyhappy:

Posted 2011-03-30T14:41:33+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+