Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

sliding patio screen door measurement

Hello I am ordering a door with you though unique home designs sku 0000-582-914. A bit confused as i have been told different things at different times on how to measure for the door. I do not have the old door. Can someone tell me exactly how to measure this door, the track is U shaped at the top. I have put the order on hold right now because I was told before to measure the with from jam to style end, and then yesterday just the opening part. I think what ever unique designs needs, is what I should provide, as different manufactures do it differently. Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-27T23:50:00+0000  by G-SLYCE G-SLYCE

Hello G-SLYCE,

Welcome to the community.

Here is the correct way to measure for a replacement patio screen door.

1.  Measure the height from the top edge of the bottom track, to the inside of the top pocket. Then deduct 3/16” off of the measurement to allow the new patio screen to load into the pocket and clear the bottom track.

2.  Measure from the jamb (where the screen door would stop when closed) to the leading edge of the inactive glass door. Then add 2 inches. This will be the width of the new screen door.

Here is a diagram just in case my written instructions are not clear.

Measuring a Patio Screen Door.jpg

I hope this clears up any confusion for you. You have made a great choice in ordering a

Unique Home Design screen door. They are very good quality.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Posted 2013-05-29T18:57:33+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Thank you! That explains it perfectly thanks again

Posted 2013-05-29T22:16:03+0000  by G-SLYCE

Your welcome.

Thanks again for joining the how to community.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Posted 2013-05-31T17:41:36+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+