Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

smooth finish with even color

help.  I'm painting an interior area 3 rooms including a kitchen and a stairwell.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-12-02T21:21:19+0000  by herewgo4mo herewgo4mo

Hi herewgo4mo. Welcome to the community.  Interesting question. First I need a bit more information, as kitchens are typically painted in semi-gloss for its cleaning ability and interior walls are painted with a flat wall or satin finish. The difference is in the sheen on the finished product. Your stairwell area can be painted in either a flat wall or satin finish. If it’s the hand rail on the stair rail you would most likely paint it a semi gloss or high gloss.

The Home Depot offers an outstanding paint called Behr ultra premium, which has primer and paint in one. Behr paint comes in a variety of finishes. This can save you a lot of time and is considered one of the best paints in the industry. I want to help you more but I need additional information, like are you trying to get a smooth finish on all surfaces? Are your walls textured? 

Posted 2010-12-02T22:49:43+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Well, there are two posts that will help you out: First, click here, there is a post about picking the right nap for your roller. Second, click here, there is another posting about rolling technique that will help you achieve that smooth even color...

Posted 2010-12-03T01:57:27+0000  by Paul

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+