Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

soffit tool?

I am told I need a special tool to pull the speaker wire out of my soffit to install outdoor speakers but I dont know what its called. Electrician says its made to be able to remove the soffit without damaging it and it can be found at HD. 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-06T09:37:49+0000  by StephCorby StephCorby

Hi StephCorby,


I think what you are referring to is called Fish Tape.  It helps you to run electrical wires through the spaces between rooms in homes and businesses.

50 ft. S-Class Nylon Fish TapeHigh Strength 1/8 in. Stainless Steel Fish Tape - 125 ft.Klein Tools 24 ft. Splinter Guard Fish Rod Set



Fish tape is threaded into the area that you want the wire to go. Connect the wire to the tape and pull the tape back through the spaces to complete the installation.


This will allow you to work through smaller spaces and avoid the need to open up more soffit space. 


Thanks for asking, and welcome to The Community!!




Posted 2013-09-06T16:50:07+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question