Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

spray paint guns

Can anyone give a non-professional some advice about spray paint guns.  I am a week-end female warrior who wants to make re-painting my house easier on these old bones.

Any advice out there?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-04-19T02:11:56+0000  by krocheska krocheska

I am also a female weekend warrior and I purchased a Wagner Optimus Airless Cup Gun Paint Sprayer. I would NOT recommend this particular sprayer for indoor use. I used it to paint a bedroom and had difficulty adjusting the flow ... I would either get way too much paint or way too little.

The biggest problems were overspray and air quality. By air quality, I mean you better be ready to either remove ALL the furniture in the room or cover all of it. I had to stop every few minutes and leave the room because the air had been so filled with paint dust that I couldn't see (even with the window open) and then that paint dust settled into everything (carpet, furniture, etc). Normally, I would have returned the product, but I intend to use it on my fence, deck and shed outside where overspray won't be a concern.

Posted 2011-04-19T14:46:13+0000  by lthornton79

Hello krocheska and lthornton79.  I want to welcome both of you to The Community!  We are glad you are here.  Thank you for your question and comments. 

We have a special segment on our website that  details what you need to know before you purchase or use a paint sprayer: HERE'S TO PAINTING MORE FOR LESS WITH A PAINT SPRAYER

Paint Sprayer page.jpg

There is an overview of paint sprayers, project ideas, and spraying tips.  There are videos on the brands that we carry at The Home Depot.  You will also learn how to use the sprayer and clean-up tips after painting.   

Thank you, lthornton79, for sharing about your experiences with the dust settling everywhere.  My personal biggest problem is with having to wear a respirator while I am spraying.  (I am a big proponent of personal protective equipment but I do not always like to use it!)  My second biggest issue is with preparing the surfaces.  The time spent preparing the surface is greatly rewarded when the paint seemingly “glides” on.

Best wishes on all your projects and please keep us posted on your progress!

Posted 2011-04-19T16:33:31+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Welcome to the Community K,

I made this video for you to demo several spray tools that may help you meet your goals.

Have a look!

The Associate in Tool Rental can show you airless sprayers similar to this that are available for short-term rent, and your Paint Associate can show you paintable caulk which will be one other part of the preparation to paint your building.

I hope this helps!

Posted 2011-04-19T20:17:27+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+