Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

stacking wall cabinets

I thinking about building a pantry cabinet out of 3 wall cabinets stacked on top of each other.  The area were it will go, will not accommodate a 24" pantry cabinet.  I am trying to figure out how I would attach the 3 cabinets together.  I assume I can go through the face frame in the front, but don't know what to do on the back.  Also, should I attach all 3 cabinets to the wall, or just the top and bottom? 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-11-14T16:48:41+0000  by skramae skramae

Hi Skra

Pantry cabinets are available in other sizes, and Home Depot kitchen designers can assist you in ordering a custom made unit to your specifications. If you plan on using wall cabinets they should be attached to each other using "L" brackets and all three should be attached to the wall. You will not have a toe kick on the bottom using wall cabinets, this will be an issue going forward, not only for appearance sake but also convenience. Unless you install a toe kick under the bottom cabinet none of the doors will align with the other cabinets in the room.

Finally wall cabinets are not constructed to be stacked and this will limit the storage capacity of this combination.

Mike
Posted 2016-11-14T18:33:05+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+