Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

submersible pump

I have a 150 gallon spa.  I need to drain it every six months and a submersible pump is what is recommended.  I need one that I can hook a standard water to hose so I can run hose to my drive.  can you recommend a pump for my needs?

Albert D. Stevens

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-05-18T18:10:38+0000  by verybigguy verybigguy
Hello verybigguy and welcome to the Community.

 The Wayne 1/2 HP Non-Clogging Vortex, Reinforced Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump will pump 2500 GPH will hook up to a
3/4 in. garden hose adapter.


Superior Pump 1/3 HP Submersible Thermoplastic Utility Pump is capable of pump 40 Gal. a minute and also hooks up to a 3/4 garden hose.

These are just 2 of the submersible pumps available at Home Depot.

Thank you for your inquiry.


Posted 2017-05-18T18:55:10+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
I used to do the same thing to empty a hot tub using a Superior pump like the one Charlotte shows above.  Pretty much any "utility" pump will work and there isn't any sense in spending at lot of money one on.  "Utility" pumps differ from sump pumps in that they don't have a float switch, which you don't want anyway because a sump pump would leave several inches of water in the bottom of the tub.  You do have to keep an eye on things so the pump doesn't run dry (which isn't good for the pump).  It took me about 45 minutes to empty a 400 gallon hot tub.  The hot tub was located so that I could run the hose into the kitchen sink - no muss, no fuss.

The pump won't get the tub completely empty so I used to go in with a shop vac with a long hose to get the rest of it.  Then scrub everything down, rinse, vac, repeat.
Posted 2017-05-19T09:12:28+0000  by Adam444
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question