Sign In to join the community | Help


texture paint my kitchen and baths? Instructions please.

I want to texture paint my kitchen and baths to cover flaws from removing wallpaper.  Please list the products I will need and instructions.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-27T11:47:43+0000  by thaclerk141 thaclerk141

Hello Again thaclerk141!


Here is a link to your other question on the same topic.


Click the link to jump to that answer.

Best Answer

Posted 2013-05-28T13:30:47+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL




If your attempt is to hide damage done to the walls in the course of removing wall paper, be advised that texture does not normally totally hide such damage. You are well advised to patch the walls as if you intended to leave "smooth wall", especially if you intend a light "orange peel" or light splatter texture.


If during removing the wallpaperyou have gouged into the brown underlying drywall paper, those areas should first be primed with an oil based primer. this will seal the raw paper and prevent it from wrinkling up when the water based patching materials are placed on it. Once your patches are sufficiently sanded smooth, the area should be primed. At this point, a water based primer such as Zinsser's 123,  or Gripper, etc. is fine.


Due to the amount of areas you intend to cover, you should consider renting a texturing maschine from your local HD rental center. Using spray cans of texture would be costly and not give equal results. The cost of texturing materials is quite reasonable. Once textured, the walls will then have to be primed before painting. Texturing materials are basically a slurry of chaulk and are very porous when dry. Once dry, a good quality acrylic paint should be applied. A satin or semi-gloss would be advisable in kitchen and bath areas, due to their superior washablilty and moisture resistance.


Hope this has helped

Posted 2013-05-27T20:13:31+0000  by ordjen

Thank you!

Posted 2013-05-27T21:32:42+0000  by thaclerk141
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question