Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

toilet bowl height.

Looking for a complete toilet, with a toilet bowl with a height of 18 inches.   plenty of 17's, but no 18's.    Can Home depot order a complete toilet and a 18inch bowel?  Many thanks.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-01-18T19:12:57+0000  by reagle reagle

Hello Crystalis and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here. 

I understand your need for a higher toilet seat that is safe and comfortable.  There are several comfort height toilets with wider bases available at The Home Depot.  Several that are available in the store or through our Special Order or online programs include:

Kohler (Comfort Height ®)

Memoirs.jpg     Kathryn.jpg     Devonshire.jpg

Memoirs                               Kathryn                           Devonshire

American Standard (RIGHT HEIGHT™)

Boulevard.jpg     Townsquare.jpg

Boulevard                                Town Square

There are some plumbing supply stores and commercial supply stores that carry the units that you mentioned (found in the handicapped accessible stalls).  I spoke with our suppliers and special order folks at The Home Depot and we do not carry a higher toilet at this time. 

Another option is to install a wall mount unit that is independent of the toilet base.  This option would require special in-wall support hardware. 

As for the wide base, I think you may be asking about a riser or platform that the toilet sits on (see this picture).  You would have the wide base for stability and it will accommodate several hundred pounds.  With the added height, you would need an additional wax ring and possibly a longer supply line.

Please let me know if this helps you find a toilet that meets your needs. 

Thank you for joining our forum and best wishes.

dw26.png

Posted 2011-07-22T17:27:01+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
Sorry this is a question, not an answer.. I also need a tall toilet..18+ inches..for very tall people plus am not to bend my knees beyond 90 degrees.. The riser with handles is what I use now.. But there is also a weight issue and others don't fit between those handles.. I have been in handicapped accessible stalls where the toilet was quite high..very nice. Do tall,overweight people all go to a specialty store .. Do you carry a comfort height toilet with a wide base for stability?
Posted 2011-07-21T00:30:39+0000  by Crystalis

Hello Marina and welcome to The Community.  We are glad you are here.

I spoke to the merchandising team at our corporate offices to confirm that the toilet you requested is not available in the store, on our website, or through our Special Order program.  Our comfort height toilets are 16½” to 17” bowl height (original height).  

I suggest contacting a plumbing supply store in your area to order a specialty toilet with the original height as you specified. 

You can add several inches through a tall toilet platform plus several more inches using a toilet seat riser to gain the height needed for the user to sit higher.  This elevated seat will stay within the tight space requirements of your installation room.

toilet seat.jpgMedline Adjustable Elevated Toilet Seat

This elevated toilet seat (allows seat level to be raised up to 5-1/2 inches) has a front clamping mechanism that locks onto toilet to prevent shifting of the toilet seat while sitting or transferring.  There are two (2) padded support arms that make it easier and safer for the user which will fit in the toilet’s profile.  This elevated seat fits most toilet bowls up to 15 inches long.

Best wishes on your project.

Posted 2011-02-18T15:08:17+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Hi,

I need a toilet with a high toilet bowl (between 18.5" - 22"). Is it possible to place a special order and have it?

By the way, the installation room is very limited by the dimensions:

20" x 36"

I don't want any additional addings to the regular bowl: the original height should be between 18.5" - 22"

My email is:

marinafareed@yahoo.com

Thank you

Posted 2011-02-17T16:19:02+0000  by Marina

Hello reagle and welcome to The Community. I am glad that you joined our discussion!

After confirming with our bath and pro resources, I found that The Home Depot does not carry toilets with an 18” bowl height.  Usually our comfort height toilets are 16½” to 17” bowl height.  When the seat is added, you gain up to another 1 inch. 

Is it possible for you to add a riser to the base or use an elevated toilet seat?  We may be able to find another solution for you if you can provide more information about your needs.

Thanks again for joining The Community.

Posted 2011-01-18T20:49:53+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+