Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

trafficmaster allure installation hot water radiators

Hello!  I am wondering if Trafficmaster Allure can be installed under hot water radiators?  I have an old home with stand up water radiators which can reach up to 120-130 surface temperatures.  My understanding is that the rooms should stay below 85F degrees and should not go above 95F.

If they are installed near or under a radiator, will this cause issues with the installation?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-05-11T18:40:42+0000  by MadisonREI MadisonREI

Hello MadisonREI and welcome to the Community.

I contacted the manufacturer about your inquiry.  They say that they could not warranty this application but they have had many customers use their product under these conditions, with out any adverse affects.  Their contact Phone # 866-843-8453 if you would like to clarify directly with them.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2018-05-15T14:12:47+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Hello MadisonREI and thank you for joining The Community! We are glad that you are here. 

I spoke to the Customer Care Team about your TrafficMASTER Allure Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring concerns under hot water radiators.  The high heat is a factor for two reasons. First, the tile will have a greater degree of expansion (and contraction) that leads to buckling. Second, the grip strip - which creates and maintains the floating floor - will lose integrity.

To help diffuse the heat and maintain a temperature below the recommended 85F, you may want to place a hearth under the radiator.

Best wishes on your project.  

Posted 2018-05-15T14:15:23+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+