Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

uc7078t not working

Hello,

I have a uc7078t Hampton Bay Remote and receiver. The batteries replaced and the LED flashes nicely. I have matched up the dip switches with the receiver exactly the same. I have wired the inputs H & N to the receiver and I do receive 120 volts on outputs on the receiver for both the fan motor(black) and the light(blue). When receiver is depressed for both fan and the light, nothing changes on the output of receiver - never switches off the voltages? I have tried with two different receivers. Help?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-06T17:44:46+0000  by banjy banjy

Hey banjy,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

You have certainly covered your bases with testing and troubleshooting both receiver and remote.

I punched in your model number, and it came up with the Hampton Bay model of remote control system shown below...was this yours?

This particular remote control system is longer sold at any local Home Depot store. My reasoning is that I have had personal interactions with customers throughout the years who've had issues like this.

Typically, the culprit of the two parts is the receiver itself. 

It no longer gets power from the line voltage coming in due to numerous factors, but in all cases, it disrupts the flow of electricity. Even something as small as a overloaded solenoid will cause failure.

Since receivers are sealed from the factory, no one shy of a master engineer or someone who works directly at the factory could repair a receiver.....replacement is the only option.

Unfortunately, with all your work put into this...the next step is simply to replace the entire receiver AND remote (transmitter) unit. Any new remote must work the receiver and its specific frequency, so this is why they are always sold together...to eliminate confusion and guarantee a good installation.

Our newer generation of remote control systems sold at your local Home Depot do not carry dip switches, but rather they sync up with both receiver/remote once installed. 

This reduces the chances of interference and makes the installation easier. However, it also means you'll need to buy both parts, as they are never sold separately.

The better and updated remote control system by Hampton Bay is linked here and shown below.

Purchase this, and this should solve your problem, since you'll have a brand new receiver and remote.

Joseph

Posted 2016-04-06T19:54:26+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+