Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

vinyl adhesive

I am interested in using your Plastpro prefinished vinyl reversible panel planking (model 0102, sku 635-633) in an outdoor situation but would prefer to not have visible fasteners.  Can you recommend a glue/adhesive that would be durable enough to eliminate the need for fasteners yet easy to work with as some ladder work will be involved.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-02-16T21:01:23+0000  by cottage_guy cottage_guy

Hey Cottage Guy!

PL Premium Advanced is rated interior/exterior, is durable enough to be used on subfloors, sticks to almost every surface, and is labeled "stronger, faster, requires less bracing." The manufacturer also says this product is ideal in high humidity areas and the tube lists "vinyl" as one of the material it adheres.

Even with these specs, I would still recommend a fastener placed into a framing board in several spots along the run to ensure long-term adhesion.

See your Tool Rental Associate for a cordless nailgun. Apply the adhesive, position, and tack in several places.

A caulk gun hip holster will help you carry and apply PL Premium almost anywhere.

PL Premium Advanced.jpg Use the link to have a look at the spec sheet!

Posted 2012-02-16T22:38:21+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Thank you very much, I truly appreciate your help.

Posted 2012-02-17T14:29:22+0000  by cottage_guy

Thank You Cottage Guy!

You know that is exactly why The Home Depot opened The Community!

The best product information and customer service in the home improvement industry!

We're here when you need us again!

Posted 2012-02-21T17:32:55+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+