Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

wall paper

What is the easiest way to apply wallpaper without it buckling?Tulips.jpg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-06T21:34:18+0000  by emily13doer emily13doer

Hey emily13doer,

The easiest way to apply wallpaper without it buckling is to first plan out where it will go. By that, I mean that the wall needs to clean and level, and that you have the right materials for the job.

Most wallpaper nowadays are pre-pasted so all you have to do is dip the paper in water to activate the adhesive.

Using a workspace, ensuring the wallpaper is level, and working in small areas will guarantee success. Click on the image below to find out more information regarding wallpaper prepping.

Thats all there really is to it, just be patient and work level and you'll significantly reduce the amount of wallpaper.

Let us know if we can assist you further.

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-15T14:14:43+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
In my experience, emily13doer, the key to prevent buckling paper is to establish an exact wetting timeline.

Wallpaper is "booked" into strips rolled adhesive-side out, and then wet in a wallpaper trough just enough to "wet" the water-based adhesive; but not so long the paper itself begins to saturate.

This is your "wetting timeline."

Consult a professional about water temperature and their recommended wetting timeline.

Personally, I like a four-minute timeline in lukewarm water.

But others will have their favorite recommendations.

Experiment with wallpaper scraps until you decide which time works best for you.

NOTE:
If your wallpaper is buckling, you're most likely wetting it several minutes too long.

Hope this helps!

Pat InPaint
Posted 2015-12-03T23:54:49+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+