Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

weeds

I am a young new homeonwer, and I'm trying to have a beautiful green lawn. I know nothing about lawn care or gardening. I have dandelions, flat wide leaves, mushrooms and a few more weeds growing in my yard. I need to know how to get rid of them and prevent them from coming back. also what products or steps do I need to take to have a luscious green lawn. i have four young children, so i would need something thats going to withheld high traffic. Also I dont know if this is helpful but its facing the west, so it gets lots of sun.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-20T03:52:29+0000  by jessmadd jessmadd

Hey jessmadd.

If you live in the south, then it sounds like overseeding with Bermuda grass seed would be a great option. Now is the ideal time for putting down Bermuda seed but you can not kill weeds and seed. I would recommend seeding now and killing the weeds later, otherwise you would have to wait 1 month after killing weeds to seed.

Bermuda is also the toughest grass when it comes to foot traffic and prefers a full day of sun.

If you live up north then you will be dealing with cool season grasses, therefore you could kill weeds now because you will need to seed closer to fall, once temperatures cool down.

Where do you live?

Knowing this will help me get you all the details for your project.

Posted 2013-06-20T13:48:32+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+