Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

weight of 2.0 bag of mulch

how much does a 2.0 cu ft bag of mulch weigh?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-15T23:24:13+0000  by kenwack kenwack

Greeting kenwack,

Thank you for the question and welcome to the community!

I actually love your question; because in my experience the weight of a 2 cu.ft bag of mulch can totally vary depending on the moisture content in the mulch itself.

I have helped customers load mulch for over 20 years….some bags are definitely heavier that others, because of the moisture conditions before, and while it is being bagged.

Just this past weekend I helped load mulch in Boston that had ice in the center of the pallet, between the bags; those bags had to weigh about forty pounds, or more…. they were a struggle. The next pallet of bags was totally dry and those bags weighed anywhere from, ten to fifteen pounds, so it depends!

So my advice is to check the bags and see if you can see a moisture build up on the inside of the plastic bags…they will be heavier than the ones that are totally clear of moisture.

Just in case you are not aware: The Home Depot garden associates are there to help you load your flatbed cart with mulch, and we will have a lot associate help load your car; or you can place an order and have it delivered right to your home!

The benefits of mulch in your garden beds are many: not only does it add beauty to your landscape, but will help retain moisture in your beds and cut down on weed growth…win,win!

Check out the mulch calculator to find out exactly how many bags you will need for you project.

Let us know how things are growing, and if you have any more questions….Maureen

Posted 2015-04-16T14:08:50+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+